Screen Printer (Ann Arbor, MI)
We are a local screen printing, embroidery, and retail business seeking an enthusiastic, active, and hardworking individual to join our Screen Printing team. In this position, you will create the screen printed products serving both our Custom and Retail Screen Printing operations.
Here’s what you can expect on a daily basis:
- Lead a Team of Three: Direct your Print Assistant and Dryer Operator in all relevant activities, and coordinate production flow to ensure that all production is accomplished in an efficient manner.
- Process Orders for Printing: Prioritize work based on production queue, and reference production software to track progression of work. Read and complete order report, and understand and sign proof and production notes in order to acknowledge the specifications of production to be done.
- Set up Automatic Press for Production: Execute platen changeover, tape screens when necessary, and load screens into press in proper order. Load proper squeegees, floodbars, and ink. Register screens, dial in settings, and execute test prints.
- Execute Screen Printing Production: Load garments onto platens, and monitor press operation, including platen temperature, ink volume and temperature, and tackiness. Maintain accurate garment count, and monitor product quality. Troubleshoot production problems as they occur to minimize the occurrence of defects. Escalate problems to the appropriate manager.
- Complete End of Production Run Activities: Confirm final garment count, tear down prints (remove screens, floodbars, and squeegees), update software, and log defects.
Candidate must be self-motivated, able to stay active and on their feet for a 9-10 hour shift, and driven by a desire for accuracy and efficiency. They should have a strong sense of urgency in completion of tasks. They must be able to stay focused and work quickly, and under pressure.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Be able to problem-solve under stress and pressure.
- Have an eye for quality/productivity standards
- Possess excellent hand/eye coordination.
- Value reliability (punctuality and attendance).
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, use hands, and remain active for the entirety of shift.
- Possess color vision.
- Positive attitude required!
Please note: Candidate will be hired in at $12-13/hr for initial training and trial period. After a two-month probationary period, the screen printer will be promoted to $14-15/hr. Employees also receive free lunch daily and a significant discount on retail and custom apparel.
How to Apply:To apply, please send your resume and availability to the email listed, and complete the application to the right (click to open in a new window).
Send all inquiries to the email listed - please no calls or walk-ins.